The group is here to discuss any topics in relation to LTA aircraft (Lighter Than Air). This includes Hot Air Balloons, Gas Balloons, Airships, and Hot Air Airships.
To subscribe, send email to email@example.com and in the body of the message, put "subscribe balloon."
List to discuss the construction of homebuilt hot air balloons.
See www.deering.org/balloon-makers for subscription information.
This list covers more general airship topics such as the history, future and philosophy of airships.
To subscribe send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The message (no subject) should contain the following: Subscribe airship-list "your name".
This list is intended for trading, buying and selling of balloon related items.
To subscribe send mail to email@example.com, "subscribe" (w/o the quotes) must be the subject.
- rec.aviation.balloon - was finally created in October 1997. It covers balloons and airships, gas and hot air.
- rec.aviation.homebuilt - covers homebuilt experimental aircraft. Mostly fixed wing, sometimes rotary and LTA.
- rec.aviation.ultralight - covers FAR 103 ultralights and ultralights flown under other reglementations around the world.
- rec.aviation.piloting - covers the art of piloting aircraft.
Chats and other Interactive Media
- LTA Forum - discussion of lighter-than-air topics.
- LTA Chat - requires a browser that supports Java.
Related Lists and Newsgroups
Should you know of any mailing-list or newsgroups that relate to airships and are not listed here, please send me your comments.
- Yahoo's Listing of rec.aviation newsgroups.
Copyright © 1995-2000 by Roland Escher - All Rights Reserved.